Wednesday 2 June 2010

Problems with vectors and transparent layers

When producing the images for my game I drew them in illustrator and copy and pasted them into flash. I did this as I wanted to keep the images as vectors and keep the quality high.

This proved to be quite intensive on the file size of the game. Each image was saved in the library but because they were vectors they could be easily manipulated in flash. This meant every individual layer was imported to the flash library increasing the file size of the game and making it run slower.

Transparent layers seemed to cause the most problems. If I had the chance to finish the game I would have like d to have started changing all transparent layers with similar colours and kept the transparency at 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment